Having those unflattering extra fat can be difficult to deal with, especially when you’re not sure how to make them go away. These days, many fad diets and exercise programs have come to life, but not all of them are effective nor sustainable over the long term.
If you take a closer look, these programs never emphasize the fact that weight loss isn’t just a one-time thing. Hence, if they’re ever effective, it’s mostly just for a short while. That’s because they don’t offer solutions that can help you maintain your healthy weight.
Fortunately, the keto diet isn’t just some fad diet that’s hard to sustain after you’ve lost the weight. Weight loss — and weight maintenance — is a lifestyle. 28 Day Keto Challenge offers you all the information you need to use keto to the fullest.
What Makes Keto Effective for Weight Loss?
Keto diet is based on the concept of ketosis. It’s a process that puts the body in a state where it burns fat and uses ketones for energy, instead of the usual carbohydrates.
People can usually achieve this through fasting, or through saturating their diet with healthy fats. This is what the 28-Day Keto Challenge is all about. This review will discuss its main contents, and what makes it a reliable option for weight loss.
Who Created the Program?
28-Day Keto Challenge isn’t attributed to one single person or to a few named people. Rather, it was created by a group named Keto Resource. No one knows exactly who are the names and faces behind it. However, they do update their website’s blog from time to time.
Reading their blog will at least give people an idea that they’re constantly in pursuit of keto-related questions and advice. In that sense, we can say that they’re committed to delivering up-to-date and accurate information to their clients.
What Does the Program Offer?
The whole program consists of 7 mini-books and 3 bonus guides. These are:
- Keto Diet: This introductory part will teach you all about the basics of the keto diet. It will discuss how exactly it came about and how it’s supposed to work. Recommended food items and essential tips for success are also included.
- Eating on Keto: This is where you’ll find all the meals that you’ll need for the next 28 days. It comes with 10 recipes for breakfast, and 14 recipes each for lunch and dinner. A 28-day meal planner is also provided.
- Ketosis: Here, you’ll learn how to keep your body in fat-burning mode and how to know if you’re already in ketosis. It also includes other ketosis-related information that can help improve your weight loss journey.
- Macros: You’ll discover how to properly portion your macronutrients so that you’ll stay in ketosis much longer.
- Keto Flu: This part discusses what exactly the keto flu is. You’ll learn how to get over it as quickly as possible if you ever experience it.
- Intermittent Fasting: Intermittent fasting (IF) is also discussed here. It’s a popular weight loss method that also relies on ketosis. This program provides 5 different ways to do it. You’ll know which method works best depending on the situation.
- Keto and Friends: Here, you’ll learn how to eat socially without affecting your progress!
And the three bonuses are:
- Bonus #1 Guilt-Free Desserts: Sad that you’ll have to give up sweets to lose weight? No problem! This bonus contains 36 recipes that will cater to your sweet tooth, all while helping you stay in ketosis.
- Bonus #2 Yummy Avocado Recipes: You may notice that avocado is a usual food item whenever healthy fats are concerned. This makes it a great option for keto diet. The creators know that you may want to change how you prepare your avocados for variety, so they included this bonus.
- Bonus #3 Keto Supplements Guide: Apparently, you can also use supplements to make your new keto lifestyle more effective. This bonus will teach you which supplements can speed up your keto results.
28 Days: Why Is It Enough?
Your body doesn’t immediately switch to using fat for fuel. Depending on how your systems react, it may take a while before you feel normal again. According to the creators, 28 days is enough time to make the transition from your old diet to keto diet.
Remember, your body isn’t used to using fat to sustain your energy needs. During the first few days, you’ll feel this inefficiency by dealing with the keto flu. However, once your body has finally adapted to your new lifestyle, things will gradually become better.
Who Does It Help?
The program’s main page highlights the success of their women clients, particularly the ones who are in the 30’s to 40’s age group. At first glance, it may seem like the program is only for women. However, men have also found success with it; it just isn’t as emphasized on their page.
Overall, 28-Day Keto Challenge seems to be a good program for anyone who’s trying to lose weight without needing to sacrifice tasty food in their diet. Any man or woman can be successful if they hold on for at least 28 days. Of course, just like any other weight loss regimen, it’s best to ask for your doctor’s advice before officially giving it a go.
What Makes It a Good Weight Loss Program?
The creators understand how difficult it can be to give up your usual diet for something new. This is especially true if you’re used to tasty food. If you think that you’ll be eating bland food from now on, think again!
All the recipes included in the 28-Day Keto Challenge books aren’t only easy to make, but they’re also really delicious. You won’t even mind the repetitions! Also, if you’ve been counting calories for whatever reason, their recipes come with nutritional information. This ensures that you won’t be going overboard with your carbohydrate intake.
The ingredients here are things that you’re already familiar with. You simply have to change the way that you use them.
Everything is delivered in an easy-to-grasp language; it isn’t filled with too much jargons and technicalities that require a constant Google search. Those who are on a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle also won’t have any problems with this program.
Most importantly, this program teaches you how to properly deal with the keto flu. Although the term keto flu isn’t an officially recognized medical condition, people who transition to the keto diet are very much familiar with it.
Typically, during the first week, people tend to have symptoms that are similar to flu. These are:
- Brain fog
- Ketosis breath (bad breath due to ketones)
- Stomach ache
- Sugar cravings
- Muscle soreness
- Sleep troubles
Doctors believe that these symptoms occur as a result of carbohydrate or sugar withdrawal. It could also be caused by the shift of bacteria in your gut. Fortunately, the program also got this part covered. Even if you do experience it, you’ll be back to normal in no time.
What Can It Do Better?
The program does a pretty good job of explaining why keto can be helpful, and how to deal with issues during the transition. However, it could have added more details about the changes that a person goes through while they’re already on the keto lifestyle.
Additionally, an exercise program could have made it more engaging for people who like to incorporate workouts into their daily routine. Yes, clients can always research for exercises that work for them on their own. But if the program has already given them that option, they may be able to see results at a faster rate.
Is This Program a Scam?
Most reviews of 28-Day Keto Challenge say that it has worked for them, and that most of the information it provided has proven valuable to them at some point. So, in that sense, it’s not a scam at all. In fact, many beginners to keto can learn a lot from it.
Should You Bother Trying It?
If you’ve never really encountered keto before and you want a comprehensive guide to go about it, then this program could do the trick for you. This is especially helpful if you’re a beginner and you don’t know where to start. For $37, you already get a ton of information about a weight loss method that can change your life for good.
They also offer a 60-day money-back guarantee if, for some reason, you’re not getting any satisfactory results. Ultimately, this is worth a try for people who are generally healthy — those who have been cleared by their doctor to try the keto challenge. Your doctor should also help you understand the risks that come with it, so that you’ll know exactly what you’re getting yourself into.
Final Thoughts on the 28 Day Keto Challenge
People who are interested in incorporating the keto diet into their lifestyle will learn a lot from this program. Aside from gaining a deeper understanding about how keto works, they’ll also get a practical guide on how to implement it for the next 28 days.
Depending on how much weight you have to lose, 28 days may not be enough to get to your goals. In that case, you simply have to repeat the cycle until you get to your healthy weight. Then, you’ll have to shift your goals to weight maintenance, which is also included here.